Worldwide, too many people still live in poverty and people die every day from lack of food and clean water. Not surprisingly, the first Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 1) wants to end poverty.
In several ways, nonprofits help promote well-being and prosperity for marginalized populations. It is therefore logical that the theme for the special #GivingEveryTuesday on June 15 is poverty reduction. Eradicating poverty is not only a task of charity, it’s an act of justice and the key to unlocking an enormous human potential. Still, nearly half of the world’s population lives in poverty, and lack of food and clean water is killing thousands every single day of the year. Together, we can feed the hungry, wipe out disease and give everyone in the world a chance to prosper and live a productive and rich life.
Join us and show what you are doing to reduce poverty. This can be done by simply showing what exactly your non-profit does or what you yourself do to reduce poverty. Create a social media expression similar to the one below for your non-profit or project:
Use this Canva Template to make your own post about #NoPoverty #SDG1 #GivingEveryTuesday.
Add your own background image or video plus logo and use this post to show on June 15 how you contribute to a better world through poverty reduction. This global online campaign shows what we are doing and achieving in all countries in the fight against poverty.
Show how you contributed by using the following hashtags in your social media posts before, during and after June 15: #GivingEveryTuesday #NoPoverty #SDG1
WAYS TO JOIN OUR #NoPoverty #GivingEveryTuesday CAMPAIGN:
- Make a short video explaining what you or your organization are doing to fight poverty and share it on your social media channels using the hashtags #GivingEveryTuesday #NoPoverty #SDG1.
- Give to organizations working to fight global poverty.
- Purchase products that are fair trade certified. They encourage environmentally friendly production methods and safeguard humane working conditions. Simply look for the fair trade label on products such as food, coffee, chocolate or clothing.
- Lend your voice to the fight against extreme poverty by sharing information about the issue and contacting goverment officials
- Leave a basket of food and gift cards for a family who is struggling financially Please tag where you give in the comments!
- Convert a file cabinet into a free food pantry
- When you make dinner tonight, challenge yourself to keep it under € 0,50 per person as a way of identifying with the millions who live below the poverty line.
GivingTuesday is a global movement active in more than 75 countries. On the first Tuesday after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, more and more people are reached globally to do good during #GivingTuesday.
To pay even more attention to charities and generosity there will be a #GivingEveryTuesday happening every Tuesday globally around a certain theme.