Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving back, celebrated this year on the 3rd of December, right after Black Friday. The movement is for the first time being embraced collectively in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in finding out more? Join us at the #GivingTuesdayNL Meet Up which will take place at De Veranda in Amsterdam, in the afternoon of July 2, 2019.
This meet up provides an opportunity for all charities to learn more about the #GivingTuesdayNL initiative, about how to make it success for your organisation and discuss ways to collaborate with others.
This meet up is also part of the GivingTuesday Data Collaborative, which was launched last year with the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The aim is to encourage platforms and partners to share and learn more about sector trends and behaviours. We are excited to let you know that the Data Collaborative is coming to the Netherlands and will join our meet up as well.
During the meet up we will address the following themes:
- We will first provide an update on #GivingTuesdayNL; about where we come from, our links with the global movement and where we would like to go with this initiative. We are fully committed to make this a successful annual event. And we believe that together with you, we can make this happen.
- Discuss opportunities the movement brings for fundraising and philanthropy: making this world a better place.
- Specific opportunities for charities: increasing website traffic and donations, getting volunteers or donated goods using a #GivingTuesdayNL campaign with a specific goal for your organization.
A more detailed agenda is provided below.
Leading the meet up will be Woodrow Rosenbaum from the Giving Tuesday global team, Head of the Giving Tuesday Data Collaborative and Founder of With-Intent, an international consumer marketing agency, and Theo Hesen & Jordan van Bergen, who oversee the Dutch Giving Tuesday Community. Woodrow has hosted Giving Tuesday Meet Ups in Bangkok, Mumbai, Sao Paolo, Barcelona, Toronto, Washington D.C., Moscow, and many other locations. He is looking forward to the opportunity to learn more about your work, so we hope you can join us for an afternoon of conversation and learning.
This invitation is also sent on behalf of Nederland Filantropieland, the Dutch platform of charities, fundraisers and service providers for the philanthropic sector. Marc Petit, their CEO, would like to welcome you, because they also share our vision of promoting philanthropy in the Netherlands.
- Date: July 2, 2019
- Time: 13.30 -17.00
- Location: De Veranda, Amstelveenseweg 764, 1081 JK Amsterdam
- Registration: click here!
Agenda – (might change slightly)
13.30 Coffee is ready
14.00 Welcome and introductions – Jordan van Bergen, #GivingTuesdayNL
14.05 Giving Tuesday, the Global Movement – Woodrow
14.45 Your Giving Tuesday campaign: up to you – Theo Hesen
15.15 Planning your event & campaign. Inspiring examples from around the world – Woodrow
15.55 What shall we do on December 3rd – Jordan
16.00 Conclusions, thank you’s and next steps – Jordan / Theo / Woodrow
16.15 Closings and drinks
17.00 End of Meet Up